Well now is the time to stop that. Ever wonder how I come up with such obscure songs for my Earworms? Well you shouldn’t, because I try my best to inform you lot of how I came across the songs. Regardless, the predominant culprit is Spotify. (more…)
Already been using this iPhone for almost a month… I’ve gotten used to its innate quirks and undeniable flaws.
But that’s not what I’m here To complain about. In fact, I’m not even here to complain. (shocker, right?!?!?!) anyway. I actually want to inform anyone using an iPhone 5 for Verizon* and wants to beta test the iOS 7 beta 2, to actually go ahead and do it, so long as you don’t actually watch people’s Vine videos.
On the first beta, The features that I found most annoying were these 5.
1) Instagram wouldn’t load properly if you wanted to scroll back up.
2) After watching several Vines, the app would freeze and crash. Simply return home and kill the app to unfreeze it. Which was a bit of a bummer and inconvenience.
3) I can’t see the things people replied to on Twitter. Did Jimmy reply to this tweet or that? UGH
4) Google Translate (actual app) wasn’t working.
5) FUCKING BATTERY LIFE MAN oh and to go along with this the phone reboots (2 seconds really) which is also an inconvenience)
Alright, well, here’s how that list has updated in Beta 2.
1) INSTAGRAM WORKS!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!
2) Vine is destroyed and refuses to play videos. I cannot wait for Beta 3 to see if they fix this.
3) Twitter is still broken in this aspect.
4) Google Translate is still broken.
5) BATTERY LIFE IS IMPROVED TO NEARLY iOS 6 MAGNITUDE!!!! Still a bit horrendous honestly but it totally trumps Beta 1’s battery draining ass. Also it doesn’t reboot as much.
HOWEVER. I did find new bugs in Beta 2. Killing an app has an adverse effect on the wallpaper… Sometimes, not all, it removes the wallpaper leaving black nothingness. Also, I don’t know whether or not this is a bug, but in all iterations of iOS (including 7 beta 1) it was possible to view the big clock on the lock screen and double click to get to music controls. Now, iOS 7 Beta 2 has music controls permanently in place of the large clock. Inconvenient.
But some other improvements other than battery life are present. You can now swipe left on texting to see what time the messages were sent and received, which is a lot more sensible than 15 minute card time checks, which I do believe are still there for those too lazy to swipe.
Anyway that’s my observations on the topic. Feel free to leave comments about your findings!
*I am not entirely sure if these apply to the AT&T or int’l or any other iPhone build model, or if these apply to the iPads as well. Please leave a comment about these too!
Just picked up Naughty Dog‘s latest gem. Won’t be able to play it until Sunday though. First impressions and some gameplay footage to come then also.
- Naughty Dog “Who’s ready for more #TheLastofUs news?” (analogaddiction.org)
I challenged myself. I surprised all my peers by actually killing myself off of a social network.
Most people that know me would take it upon themselves to call me a social media buff, with an account for nearly everything. A Facebook, a Tumblr (vpshit.tumblr.com), a Twitter (@thisguypatrick), an Instagram (@thisguypatrick), a GetGlue, a Foursquare, Snapchat, a personal Blogger, a Google+, an AIM (but let’s not kid ourselves here, no one uses that shit anymore), and this currently stagnant WordPress.
Just last week, however, I deactivated my Facebook. I wanted to take time away from the computer, from looking at my phone, from making stupid status updates irrelevant to nearly all of my friends list. And for a bit it worked, barely.
While I no longer automatically click the Facebook bookmark as soon as I open Google Chrome, I do find myself more inclined to open YouTube, Google Music, Twitter, and Tumblr.
Essentially, by taking myself off of one social network, I’ve been able to dedicate more time to other things that require my attention to be on my laptop. And with finals on the way, this does not seem good for me.
I will keep you updated on this.