I don’t know, but it seems like Microsoft is giving gamers a big ‘screw you’ with their DRM, always needing to check in, Kinect required XBone. A recent comment from one of their officials, Don Matrick was interviewed prior to E3, and he said that gamer’s can stick to the XB360 if they don’t have an internet connection.
I’ve stayed away from this subject really, only because I wanted to see what was what during E3, and maybe they may shed some more light. But, it just looks like they are sticking with their DRM policies, and well, after Sony‘s stance on the subject, and this comment, it looks like Microsoft is sinking quite fast.
- PlayStation 4: Sony outmaneuvers Microsoft on price, design, and DRM (theverge.com)
- Microsoft Has Lost the Console War Before It Started (lowdownblog.com)
- PAR Article: How to win at E3: Sony savages Microsoft on pricing, DRM, used games, and then adds insult to injury (penny-arcade.com)
- Aside from the hardware, Steam is identical to Xbone (seanmalstrom.wordpress.com)
- Email: The Difference Between Steam and Xbone (seanmalstrom.wordpress.com)