There are tons of events happening this weekend, I don’t know where to go to yet! Here’s my quick list (and brief synopsis of the event) that I can share.
- THE EX OPENS THIS WEEKEND!!! (http://theex.com/) There is no need for ANY explanation here! 😄
- BIG on Bloor (http://bigonbloorfestival.com/) This event is running in the Bloordale neighbourhood (Bloor Street, between Dufferin Street and Lansdowne Avenue) August 22 and 23. It is one of the larger community events (they are expecting about 80,000 attendees this year) and hosts a variety local artists and street vendors, food and games.
- Taste of Manila (http://philcomcen.com/taste-of-manila.php) This is the second appearance of this event, with the first being long overdue – and wildly successful! The event highlights Filipino culture and food – thank the folks at the Philippine Cultural Community Centre for putting it together. Running August 22 and 23 at “Little Manila” (Bathurst Street and Wilson Avenue) and north along Bathurst Street to Alingham Street.
- Chinatown Festival (http://www.chinatowntcf.com/) In its 15th year, this event is also running on August 22 and 23 on the west side of Spadina Avenue between Sullivan Street and St. Andrew Street. Expect to be immersed in Chinese culture – from stage shows, vendor booths and food.
- Port Credit Buskerfest (http://www.portcreditbuskerfest.com/) Now in its 10th year, I call this the warm up to the Toronto Buskerfest that should be happening in the coming weeks. Find this along Lakeshore Road in Mississauga, between the Credit River (Memorial Park) and Hurontario Street (aka Highway 10 to the locals.) Tons of street performers both local and international. Get wow’ed – enough said!