Today was the premier of ABC’s new television show, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., from producer Joss Whedon, and is basically a spin off or a tie in to the Marvel movies, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cobie Smulders reprises her role as Agent Maria Hill, as well as Clark Gregg returning as Agent Phil Coulson. They touched on a bit on what happened to Phil after the event’s of NY, but they elude to the fact about ‘Tahiti‘. Great hook if you ask me, as it’s still has me wondering what it is. Anyway, I am just glad there is something new to watch, and something geeky too. The cast I feel was fairly strong, and Chloe Bennet who plays Skye is just all kinds of cuteness.
Ming Na‘s take down of the cop poser was pretty cool, albeit too quickly, but still cool. She did play as Chun-Li back in the day before settling in as an ER Doctor. Pacing of the show was good, as well as the set up to what the main subject matter is for the season (the centipede). I like how it tied in the stuff that was in Iron Man 3. I wonder if they will tie in stuff from the show in upcoming movies, and kind of continue back to the show. hmm
Anyway, I am so looking forward to this show, and I am hoping it stays strong. Something to look forward to at the early end of the week.
- Is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the Hero Series That TV Deserves, Or the One It Needs Right Now? (tvline.com)
- You: Television review: ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ on the case (latimes.com)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (amandalittle656.wordpress.com)
- ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Review: The Best Defense Is a Sense of Humor (thewrap.com)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: 5 Things to Know (entertainment.time.com)