It goes without saying that the Labour Day weekend is, unofficially, the last days of summer. Without further ado, here’s my list of things happening around town. Items 2, 3 and 4 you need to have tickets (although read up on #4 – there are ways to see it for “free”), but otherwise these events are free. Have a great weekend!
- Hot and Spicy Food Festival – this event is running at the Harbourfront Centre today until Labour Day. In it’s 18th year, this is a great event for any foodie! http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/hotandspicy/2015/index.cfm?ref=home
- Fan Expo – OK, Sci-Fi fans! This is one of the big ones in Toronto! If you haven’t purchased your ticket yet, I wish you luck! The fun started yesterday and runs until Sunday. http://fanexpocanada.com/
- The Ex – Announced in my earlier post, attendance is an annual tradition for many families. Lots of food, and plenty of carnival rides and entertainment, this year’s edition is as awesome as ever. Last day is September 7! http://theex.com/
- The Canadian International Air Show – Canada’s largest and longest running air show, this is just awesome for those who love watching planes! Even if you don’t buy a ticket, this is just one reason to hit the Ex, or go to one of the many parks along the waterfront, as planes of all kinds typically roar overhead. Saturday, Sunday and Monday only! http://cias.org/
- Intersection – A musical event running this Saturday at Yonge-Dundas Square, from 2 pm until 10 pm. The event features performances by various bands, orchestras, vocalists and choirs. If I read the info correctly, the event is trying to gather 1000 string instrumentalists to perform a musical piece – should be interesting! http://www.ydsquare.ca/index.php?option=com_rseventspro&layout=show&id=1070&Itemid=488
- Open Streets Toronto – Hey! It’s back for a second go-round this year on Sunday! Yonge Street from Queen Street at the South, up to Bloor Street in the North, and Bloor Street, from Parliament Street in the East, to Christie Street. in the West, will be closed to all except for pedestrian and bicycle traffic (count skateboarders and roller-bladers in this mix). Take a look at the map below then come out and see the city in a different way! http://www.openstreetsto.org/
Other than The Ex and CIAS, I haven’t been to any of these events. I’m planning to hit Open Streets, perhaps catch some cosplayers on Sunday by FanExpo as well, then hopefully catch some planes anytime over the weekend.
Please leave us some feedback below, like our FB page, or just like this post. It would be better too if you can follow us, so you won’t miss out on stuff you really can miss out on…lol. But seriously, we’d like to know your thoughts, good or bad.