Tragedy struck today at around the 4 hour mark at this years Boston marathon. I got word around 4:30 ish, and seeing the video shortly there after is gut wrenching. It’s just a shame that there are monsters out there, that do such horrific things. It’s still unknown (as of a few hours ago, I’m not sure if there any more news that came about) as to who did this, if it’s international or domestic. I’ve photographed a few marathons in the past, and it is such an inspiring event. Seeing people, young and old, try to conquer this physically demanding event, and something like this happens.
I cannot express how angry I am when I see such travesties happen. We as a human race should just grow the fuck up. Innocent by-standers, enjoying a nice day, watching their loved ones, their friends trying to accomplish something that’s one of the most physically demanding activity one can do, cheering, having a great time, but instead end up in a nightmare. I have family up in Beantown, and luckily, they were not affected.
On behalf of myself JP (JezzaNorris), John (NekkedSnake), and Pat (Cheesecake), we would like to extend our deepest sympathies to those that were affected by this brutish action.
- Lake Stevens runner knocked down by Boston Marathon blast (king5.com)
- Boston on Lockdown Following Blasts at Boston Marathon (essentialprepper.com)
- Two other devices found close to scene of Boston Marathon blast in US (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Blasts Reported at Boston Marathon (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boston Marathon (readfulthingsblog.com)
- Possible Suspect in Boston Marathon Explosion (everyjoe.com)
- Boston on Lockdown Following Blasts at Boston Marathon | Essential PreppingEssential Prepping (davidwhoward.blogspot.com)
- Newtown Families Reportedly Seated Near Boston Marathon Explosions (hollywoodlife.com)
- Locals at Boston Marathon OK after explosions (outerbanksvoice.com)
- Explosions Reported At The Boston Marathon; Dozens Injured [Updating] (deadspin.com)