The new’s just keeps getting better. Not only am I enjoying 3 very awesome games at the moment (Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider and SWTOR) and that it’s only March, and there’s still a slew of games (and systems) set to be released later on this year, but now you can get free DLC‘s for Fire Emblem: Awakening. I think i’m going to give this a go right now. Read the press release below.
Fire Emblem Awakening launched on Feb. 4, exclusively on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, but bonus content keeps the game play going strong. Fans will continue to look forward to and receive free game content via SpotPass all the way through spring. This new SpotPass content is different from the downloadable content that is currently available through the game’s Outrealm Gate. The free SpotPass map available today is called “A Hard Miracle,” and follows the story of Fire Emblem Awakening main character Chrom as he encounters a mysterious woman and sets off on a journey with her to rescue a group of kidnapped villagers.
During the next few weeks, more maps will become available through the SpotPass feature. These include “Ghost of Blade” on March 28, a haunted tale about a ghost and the ultimate sacrifice; “The Wellspring of Trust” on April 11, a map full of challenging enemies; and “The Radiant Hero” on April 25, which takes place on an isolated island as Chrom and his allies search for a legendary hero. Players can also look forward to other special items that will be distributed for free via SpotPass, such as special weapons, additional playable characters and bonus challengers for the game’s Double Duel multiplayer mode.
SpotPass is a built-in Nintendo 3DS feature that allows content to be automatically downloaded to a Nintendo 3DS hand-held system through wireless Internet access points. To receive content in Fire Emblem Awakening, users must opt in to receiving content from SpotPass. To check if SpotPass is on, open the main menu in the game by pressing the X button, then select “Wireless,” then “SpotPass.”
When SpotPass data is downloaded to the Nintendo 3DS system, users will receive a notification message. After receiving this message, open the main menu in the game once more, then select “Wireless,” “Bonus Box” and “Update Now.” The SpotPass maps can be found under “Bonus Maps.”
For more information about Fire Emblem Awakening, visit http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/.
Thank you to NekkedSnake for bringing this to my attention.
- Free SpotPass Content Coming To ‘Fire Emblem Awakening’ This Spring (multiplayerblog.mtv.com)
- ‘Fire Emblem Awakening’ (3DS) Gets Free Content Through SpotPass (worthplaying.com)
- Spring Awakening: SpotPass Content Coming to Fire Emblem Awakening This Spring! (nintychronicle.wordpress.com)
- Fire Emblem: Awakening will receive free DLC maps, items via SpotPass through April (polygon.com)
- Fire Emblem: Awakening will receive free content across the Spring (vg247.com)
- Capture free Fire Emblem: Awakening maps through SpotPass (joystiq.com)
- SpotPass Content Coming to Fire Emblem Awakening This Spring (mynintendonews.com)