Finally received the OTA for the next iteration of Android Jelly Bean, 4.2.2. Its been a week since it has been announced for Verizon Nexus handsets and several months since it has been released. I will have to play with it more but at first glance, loving the new improvements.
Did anyone else get the OTA?
Update: Here’s a list of the changes as released by Verizon
- Connect a wireless display adapter to any HDMI-enabled TV to mirror mobile screen.
- Enable wireless display to share movies and YouTube videos.
- Snap Google Street view-style 360 degree panoramic photos.
- Share photo spheres on Google+ or Google Maps.
- Thumbnail icon has been added to the top right corner of the screen.
- Date display area has been updated.
- This will expand to a Quick Access grid. (for example: Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi settings)
- As user places widgets on the home screen, everything else on the screen automatically resizes to make room for the new widget
- Long press the camera key to view the new camera UI and pinch and zoom with two fingers instead of the slider
- Calendar, Gmail and Clock widgets are now available on lock screen
JELLY BEAN AND OTHER DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
- Enhanced Accessibility
- Enable screen magnification to easily zoom or pan the entire screen
- User can enter full-screen magnification with a triple-tap on the screen
- Widgets automatically resize on user’s Home Screen
- Google Now shortcut has been changed and relocated to bottom of lock screen
- Display useful information when idle or locked
- Show off your photo albums and get the latest news from Google Currents
- A smarter keyboard
- Gesture Typing allows you to glide your finger over the letters you want to type, and lift after each word
- The keyboard can anticipate and predict the next word, so you can finish entire sentences just by selecting suggested words
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.2 update starts today (phandroid.com)